15 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT AMERICAN BULLY BREED AND OUR KENNEL
WHAT IS THE AMERICAN BULLY BREED?
American Bully is a new breed of dog and was first bred in the 1980s.
The sole purpose of the American Bully was to produce smart, affectionate, friendly family pet, great with children that had none of the potential negative traits of the American Pit Bull.
The American Bully comes in 4 sizes: pocket, standard, classic, and XL. XL males over 20-23 inches (51-57cm), females over 19-22 inches (48-54cm) at the withers.
XXL Lock Kennel sells XL and XXL size American Bullies.
IS AMERICAN BULLY GOOD WITH OTHER ANIMALS?
American Bullies are generally fine around other animals, but early socialization is important like in any other breed. “Exercise, discipline and love” is the magic simple formula to make your bully friendly with any spiecies.
IS AMERICAN BULLY A GOOD CHOICE FOR FIRST-TIME OWNERS?
The American Bully is a good choice for first-time owners because they are very sympathetic, they will come along with your life very easily.
They are not high energy and maintanance dogs.
Nevertheless, the breed is strong,athletic and needs confident owners to control them, give comands and also challenge them every day.
American Bully is a great learner dog,well responding to obedience training.
CAN AMERICAN BULLY LIVE COMFORTABLY IN COLD AND HOT CLIMATE?
Yes, they are absolutely fine to live in both climates. We live in sunny south of Spain, temperature hits over 40 degrees in summer. Providing our dogs plenty of water and shadow in summer, and sun in winter makes them happy and calm.
CAN I LEAVE AMERICAN BULLY ALONE FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME?
Bullies are very sociable, they love company of people but also easily tolerate being left alone for more extended periods. They are calm and love to sleep a lot, especially if a routine is established early. American Bullies benefit greatly from crate training.
ARE BULLIES EASY TO TAKE CARE OF?
One of the best things about this breed is that it’s very easy to look after.
The breed has a short, stiff coat that sheds consistently throughout the year in very small amount. Weekly grooming, ideally with a soft brush is recommended for shiny, healthy fur. But grooming isn’t as necessary as it is with some other breeds,monthly brushing is just fine. Avoid regular, frequent bathing, mainly because this will dry the dog’s skin out.
IS SPECIAL DIET REQUIRED FOR AMERICAN BULLIES?
Bullies are fine if you feed them like any other breed, but knowing that they are very muscular, athletic and powerful, high protein diet would benefit them. The breed works very well on a raw food diet. Kibble is fine, just be sure the one you choose fits their needs.
HOW CAN I GET NY XLK AMERICAN BULLY PUPPY?
All our customers will be asked to participate in an application process. We want to be sure our puppies will live in good families who take care of them and love them properly.
Feel free to email or message us also on social media for more details
DO YOU TAKE DEPOSITS BEFORE PUPPIES ARE BORN?
We offer customers the possibility to pay a deposit on the litter and pick of their choice as soon as the pregnancy is confirmed. Cost of placing deposit is 1000 euros.
The remaining balance of the puppy price must be paid before picks are chosen (6 weeks of puppy age).
DOES XLK PUP COME WITH REGISTRATION?
All Our dogs have UKC/ABKC papers, so your puppy will have them too. All you need to do is to apply for your ownership once We send you your pup s papers, in UKC/ABKC.
XLK offers the quality you pay for; best genetics, amazing colors, top bloodlines, world famous parents and grandparents. Price is a reflection of the excellence you purchase! Always doubt when you are going to buy something Premium and the price is cheap
WHAT “PICK SYSTEM” MEANS?
We work with Pick system , what means that you reserve the order you will choose your puppy. Let s say that there is a litter of 4 males and 4 females. If you reserve 1st pick male, you will choose the puppy male you like the most from the whole litter before anyone else. If you reserve 2nd pick female, you will choose after the person who got 1st pick female. If you got 4th pick male, you will have to wait until the last pup remain not chosen.
Picks are done when puppies are 6 weeks old. If at that age there are some gaps not reserved, we will establish the picking order.
DOES XLK SHIP PUPPIES IN EUROPE AND OVERSEAS?
We ship worldwide, working with well established dog shipping companies with many years of experience and very competitive prices (details will be provided with purchase of a puppy). Restrictions are applied to countries that allow dog s fighting.
HOW DO I MAKE A PAYMENT?
We accept PayPal, TransferWise, bank transfers and Bizum. We don’t accept cheques, Western Union.
WOULD I RECEIVE A CONTRACT?
After receiving your deposit we will send you your dog s contract that you will have to sign and send it back.
10 REASONS WHY XL AMERICAN BULLY IS A PERFECT ADDITION TO YOUR FAMILY
1. Xl American bully is without doubts the most human like dog breed. Their eyes will tell you always how they feel.
They are perfect family dogs, very sympathetic character that will fit with all family members.
2. Taking care of your xl American bully is very easy. They just need daily exercise, a bit of grooming, daily commands training and moments of joy.
3. They live happy in the countryside or in the city. They are very adaptable, can be left alone when you are at work as long as you provide them walk everyday and toys to play with.
4. The look of this breed is just outstanding, they are something else… A different piece of art from any angle. Every single one is an unique piece, unlike in muscular form and markings. They are very exciting to watch them growing.
5. Security and safety are mayorly psychological and preventive. Place one of these guys on your yard and take a “siesta” as long as you want.
6. Your XL American bully will make you enjoy life more. Its heart is as big as its size. Your bully will love lazing around on the couch with you as much as a long walk through mountains or a hard pulling training.
7. XL American bully is a confident breed so they don t need to bark all the time, you and your family will feel relaxed at home.
8. In fact once you get to know this breed you will fall in love with it for life.
9. XL American bully is such a strong breed that you won t need to visit your vet often, sorry vets.
10. A dog will love you more than you love them, but in bullys world, it is just exponential growth. They never stop surprising you.